Sunday, March 23, 2014

Gilbert Temple Open House

Caitlin and I went to the Gilbert Temple Open House on February 11th.  It was pretty awesome!  We had to wait in line for a long time since we didn't have tickets to get in, but we got in eventually and it was really great.  We heard a great story from our guide that a non-member lady goes to the open house every morning for a tour because she likes the way she feels in the temple and wants to start her day with that feeling.  We also saw Sister Ball who was serving in our ward and she was telling us that the open house is incredibly busy all the time, and there is lots of interest about the church because of it.  There's been a lot of blessings with the temple going up and I'm looking forward to seeing other blessing come from it.  It's so close to where we live too, so I'm excited about that!  Here's some pictures -
Waiting in line
Selfie while waiting in line
Walking to the entrance of the temple
Neat shot after the tour of the side of the temple with Angel Moroni at the top.
Me and Caitlin outside the temple after the tour

2 comments:

  1. I so wish we could've come to the open house! You got some beautiful pictures with a lot of detail! And I love your writing, it makes me feel like I was there. You're so lucky to have it so close. I can't wait to see it when we come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful temple! So glad you guys got to go to the open house and what great stories! That's all so exciting. Can't wait to go when we come back!

    ReplyDelete