Friday, February 27, 2015

Hot Chocolate 15K

Earlier in the year like in October/November a few of my coworkers and I talked about doing the Hot Chocolate 15K race in Phoenix on December 7th.  I signed up for it and so did my friend Kristy, but no one else ended up signing up so we ran it together.  It was a really fun race!  15K is a random distance, I didn't really know how to pace myself (it's around 9 miles), so we probably could have gone faster but it was good we were consistent.  We stayed at almost exactly 10 minute miles the entire race!  I had a really fun time getting to know Kristy better too.

Before the race, lining up
During the race, around mile 8.  We sent this to our friends who didn't run with us.  Super flattering, we know.

Kristy and I ran together the whole time until the last mile.  I split away from her, trying to push to the finish but I hurt my ankle in the process.  I tried my best to finish strong though.

Kristy finishing...she is awesome!

We got medals and "finisher mugs" filled with hot chocolate, melted chocolate, and treats to dip in the chocolate.  YUM!

 Shout out to Billy for driving me to the race and following us along the route the whole time taking pictures!  Those are on our other camera so I'll have to include them later.  He was a great supporter!  Kristy and I were pretty pumped after the race, talking about signing up for all these other races but it might have just been the post-run high :)  We haven''t signed up for anything else yet, but we make a pretty good running team so I'm sure we will do more races together in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment