Saturday, November 4, 2017

Sutherland Reunion in Breckenridge, CO

June 17-24th was the Sutherland Family Reunion in Breckenridge, CO!  We decided to make the trek there with a 2 month old baby...kind of stupid.  But we did it, and she was a champ in the car!  It was tough there in Breckenridge, I think the elevation and new environment threw her off so she wasn't eating super well and she definitely wasn't sleeping well.  It was a rough week in that aspect, but good to be around so much family.

My family came to meet us in Queen Creek and we all carovaned to Colorado.  3 hours into the 14 hour journey, in Flagstaff, we stopped to feed this little miss (I pumped in the car and then fed the bottle, coolest thing ever being able to pump in the car!) and she ate soooo much!  And then had the hugest blowout ever!  It was hilarious.  My mom bought some cute new clothes for her so she got to sport her new tropical onesie in the car.

We stopped in Moab, UT for the night.  We all stayed in one room and it went much smoother than I had anticipated!  Colby was such a good girl in her rock n play (even though she wouldn't go to bed until like 11).  She was such a good girl in the car too!  She started really crying the last hour or so, so that was a little miserable, but before that there was very little crying!  We'd just stop to feed her and she'd fall asleep.  Champion!


Ruffle butt

Day 2 in the car she did awesome as well!  It was a shorter day and she was a champ car sleeper.

We got to Breckenridge and our hotel on Saturday afternoon.  Derek and Mariah made a special announcement that evening!  They are expecting a baby boy due in January!  My parents were pretty surprised and excited!  Linda had stolen Colby from me as soon as we got there and whisked her away to her room, which I was super nervous about but she just slept for like 2 hours on Linda and it was awesome to get a break!

Sunday everyone went to church but we had had a rough night so we stayed at the resort.  We had family pictures afterwards and family devotional after that.

Monday Billy and I didn't have any plans, so we just stuck around the resort.  My mom got to go do a cattle drive and then a cooking class that evening with Derek and Mariah.

Tuesday Billy got to go on an awesome paddle boarding all-day adventure!  He had a blast.  They got to paddle board down rapids, jump off cliffs, etc.  He was in heaven!  He looooves paddle boarding.  I stuck around the resort with the baby :)
Dad sporting the "guess what?" onesie Derek and Mariah gave them

Sleep was sparse that week.  I think this was the worst sleep week we had.  A few nights I was nauseous and had a killer headache because I was so sleep deprived.  This pic is like father like daughter, same arm positions <3

Mom thought sleeping her on her side or tummy would fix the problem.  It didn't seem to make a difference in length/deepness of naps.
Sleepy morning



We got all ready for family pics.  How adorable is Colby with this bow?!  I was dying.




Holding the sleeping babe at the family picture spot
Here's some of the family pictures:



 



Other families were doing parents with their grandchildren so my parents did it too!  Their one and only.
Grandparents with all of their children

Hahaha Colby's face.  She was trying to take a nap and I was so stressed that everyone kept trying to wake her up

Cute Grandparents!


At a family gathering

Loving cousin Lauren

Obsessed with this collage Billy's phone made

Pretty much all my photos from Breckenridge (and from everything) are all of Colby haha






One day (I think Wednesday that week) we headed out on the town.  Most of my time was spent in the resort room with little miss fussy fuss, but we ventured out one day and it was great!  She slept in the stroller the whole time!  Of course I didn't take any pics out and about, but this was right before.



 One morning, after a rough night, Colby ate and then fell asleep on me.  I wanted to get up so I transferred her in the exact same position she was on me onto my warm pillow and she slept like this for like an hour.  I watched her like a hawk to make sure she could breathe.

So Billy and I were both supposed to go hot air ballooning on Wednesday but I chickened out because it was supposed to be a 6 hour ordeal and I was worried about going that long without breastfeeding and I was worried about Colby because she was being really weird and sick, so I had one of my cousins take my place.  It was super sad I didn't get to go, but just one of the many sacrifices you have to make as a mommy.  Everyone seemed to have a really good time!  Billy really enjoyed it!






Wednesday evening we had the chuck wagon dinner to go to!  It's a fun little dinner and show.  We got lost on the way there which was an ordeal but eventually we found it!  My mom was nice and took the baby into a tent where it was much quieter and got her to sleep while I enjoyed dinner.


There was a pretty awesome view at the dinner

Colby girl was so cute in her little Columbia jacket.  It didn't quite fit her yet...



Thursday everyone went up to the Breckenridge Fun Park together.  Colby was a champ sleeper and we were able to have a really fun time up there!  Until it started raining, when we all peaced out real quick.

Just woke up from a super long sleep...


Billy and I got to ride the Alpine slide together!





Jayce rode it like 400 times


We also got to ride the little roller coaster that was there which was so super fun!  We had a blast!

Friday was another free day and I can't remember what we did.  Oh I think I got the most expensive pedicure of my life that day.  And the pedicure lady sent me a gift basket afterwards for some reason which was super sweet!  I think it's because I was bearing my soul about how hard of a baby Colby was haha.  She was nice.

Saturday we left to drive home!  I decided to go home with my parents and spend a week in San Diego.  That was definitely a looooong drive, Colby was NOT ok being in their car after an hour or so.  She was out of her car seat a lot on that drive...oops.

 Some other miscellaneous pictures from the trip...





It was an awesome reunion, as the Sutherland reunions always are!  It was a little different for me this time having a new baby, but I still got to enjoy being with everyone and being in a beautiful place.  We are so grateful Grandpa organizes these reunions for us!

It was really nice being in San Diego for the week after Breckenridge.  It was also probably a good thing since Jody was in town in AZ with her kiddos and they were all sick, so we avoided that sickness, phew.

Taking Colby on a walk and she had one of the biggest blowouts of her little life!


Mom rocking Colby to sleep with her loyal companion always at her side
 Some of the cutest pictures ever captured of Colby...



Billy was missing us but not too much...he was having a good time with his sis Jody in town.  They got to enjoy some BWW together!









Her first Golden Spoon experience...she was mesmerized by all the toppings.  Actually she was just super tired and refusing to fall asleep.

 She zonked out as soon as we got in the car though!



Billy drove down the next weekend to get us and we took a pit stop at the beach one day!




Loving her Daddy


 We went to the park to throw the ball for Ruger one day.  Colby wasn't a fan after like 2 minutes but she sure looked cute in her little hat!




I love this picture of her with my Dad.  Look at those little eyes!

Making her ride Ruger like a horsie haha

Zonked on the drive home.  She used to love the car.  Sigh...if only she still did! 
I honestly can't even remember what we did the whole week I was there haha, just try to survive probably!  We ran a few errands and were out and about a bit, but not much.  It was nice to have my mom's help for the week!  Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment