Sunday, May 8, 2011

1 year ago today & Mother's Day

Do you guys know what happened on May 8th 2010?  Billy proposed to me.  Yep, it's been a year.  How crazy is that?  I'm glad I don't have to plan a wedding right now, but sometimes I wish I could go back and get proposed to all over again just for fun.  It definitely was a unique feeling.  So that means only 3 months until we've been MARRIED for a YEAR!  Wowza.



Also I wanted to talk about how awesome my mother is on account of that today is Mother's Day.  She really is wonderful.  She has always been my best friend.  She listens to me, understands me, and gives me the best advice.  She loves her kids more than anything, and sacrifices everything for our happiness.  She becomes friends with people so quickly, and makes them feel at ease.  She really cares about people, and cares about their struggles and their needs.  She supports every decision I make.  She loves me even when I fail at things, and helps me get through it and see the good.  She helps me find joy in the journey, because sometimes I forget how good life really is.  She really wants me to succeed, and always does everything in her power to make it happen.  She raised me to have a testimony so I now have the blessings of being a member of this church and having this joyous gospel in my life.  She has the strongest testimony of anyone I know (tied with my Dad, actually :) ) and she bears it often so I always know how much she notices the influence of the Lord in her life.  She loves my Dad like crazy and I've seen it everyday of my life, and that has now helped me to be better in my own marriage.  I could seriously go on and on...but I'll stop there.  I love you Mom!!!!!



5 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't know what to say...this is so sweet! Thank you, Cait. Funny thing about being a mom, my greatest joy is my children. And, we're all a work in progress!

    And a year ago was a very happy day! What a happy thing to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post. Your mom really is the best! We are all lucky to have her in our life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pic of you two. You look very happy. That's nice for a parent to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, look how young you and Billy looked a year ago! So cute ;) Just kidding, you guys still have that nice youthful glow you little love birds!

    ReplyDelete