Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring Semester

Hey guys!  So far Spring semester has been pretty cool.  Here are some random updates.

Our 9 month anniversary was a few days ago on the 12th :)


We went to the duck pond to see the ducklings and got lucky and saw a sunbathing turtle trying to balance on a small rock!  It fell off and was pretty hilarious.



The recent new addition to our family.  Yep that's right, a lava lamp.  Sorry about the bad quality photo.


Pretty cool clouds looming over our neighborhood.  I secretly love Provo in the Spring because of all the rain!  And the blossoms.  And the ducklings.


And this is what this semester has done to me so far...


hahahahahahah it's been rough people.  For journal purposes:  spring semester 2011 consists of taking human physiology and chem 285.  Which equals lots of studying.  Even on Friday and Saturday nights.  Lame.

Funny story:  Billy was helping me study last night and he was laying on the couch asking me flashcard questions when all of a sudden he closed his eyes for like one second, I thought he was blinking, but then they didn't open again.  Pretty sure he had stopped talking mid-sentence.  I was like "Billy?" and he awoke all confused and his eyes went all cross-eyed.  How does anyone fall asleep that fast??  hahahah it was so funny I still laugh so hard when I think about it.  He was like narcoleptic or whatever it's called.  So great.

We had a classy salmon dinner the other night.  Thanks to physiology and organic chemistry, I have been feeling guilty for not getting enough of my omega-3 fatty acids and therefore, we had salmon.  It was pretty good but I'm pretty sure it was a little undercooked :( 


Speaking of classy... my little baby 6 foot 3 inch brother went to his senior prom on Saturday!!!!  Can you believe it?  I was so proud of him for going, and it sounded like he had a good time.  Can't believe we're all growing up.


Oh and also some awesome news!  Remember this girl?  Oh all the embarrassing pictures I could share...I'll restrain myself to only these :)





Well guess what guys!!!!!!!  SHE'S ENGAGED!!!  To this awesome guy named Dan. 

I'm very excited for them.  They are the cutest.  Yay congrats Lauren!  I love you!

Well I think that's it for now, hopefully we'll take some cool pictures of some cool stuff soon.  Billy's birthday is in a week!  The big 2-5 aka a quarter of a century old!  Yikes.

5 comments:

  1. The fun continues.

    I remember Billy falling asleep like that. He slept many nights on my bed. And it was during high school. Ask him about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing out loud at your passed out picture and Billy falling asleep like that. Love it! You two are such hard workers! Your school work is your newborn baby...just think, all that studying is really truly preparing you to be parents one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Lauren and Dan!! I'm so excited for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the only thing Billy does fast - remember "Billy idle"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha cait you are so awesome. loved the shout out!! that was so fun and unexpected! your blog is awesome.
    dan liked it too lol.

    ReplyDelete