Sunday, August 21, 2011

1 YEAR!

Okay guys I have so much to blog about it's ridiculous.  First of all, Billy just hit me in the face with a pair of socks he threw across the room and it really startled me.  Just fyi.

We've been married for a whole year now!!!!!!!  So crazy!  Time flies.  So, our plan for our anniversary was supposed to go like this: leave Thursday morning (anniversary was on Friday the 12th), drive to Vail, CO, spend Thursday and Friday nights at a fun hotel in Vail while hanging out and doing fun things together and celebrating, then drive to Breckenridge, CO on Saturday to meet up with everyone for the Sutherland family reunion and have the funnest week ever, then drive back home Saturday (yesterday). 

Here is how it really went: start driving Thursday morning, car breaks down 1 1/2 hours out of Provo in Price, UT (the teeniest, worst town ever), tow car to repair place, sit around the mechanic for 6 hours waiting for them to fix the car, find out they can't fix it until the next day, cry, spend the night at great uncle Martin's house, have a surprisingly fun time there talking and playing games, don't sleep all night out of fear of the cats jumping on my head, go to mechanic the next day and wait around, find out the car can't be fixed until Monday, cry, miraculously get the only rental car left in the whole area (a 2011 Ford F-150 bright blue truck...pretty awesome), get hotel reservation switched to Friday and Saturday nights (yay!), drive and finally get to Vail, lights go out in hotel all night, mountain bike the next day and fall and fracture my wrist (boo!), spend all day at the doctor, next day drive to Breckenridge and meet up with the family and have the funnest week ever!  (Except the drive home...but I'll save that for later).

I think I'm just going to write about our trip to Vail and blog the family reunion later.  So here are some pictures:

The big blue truck!

 We went out to dinner Friday night in Vail at a steak place called Russel's.  It was delish but had really bad service.  But we got to sit creek-side which was really fun!  Colorado is so pretty.

On Saturday morning we ordered room service!  Just because we had both always wanted to.  It was so fun and we felt so fancy!  Except we ordered oatmeal and they strangely only brought us 1 spoon?  So we had to call them to bring another.  And it was supposed to come with fruit but didn't so I called again and the guy was like "well, you didn't ask for it so I didn't think you wanted it".  Really?  It said it was included, why would I ask for it? Haha so they brought that up but only gave us 1 fork!  But I didn't call them again, it was just so funny because they kept messing up.


Then we went out mountain biking!  Rode the gondola up, then rode our bikes slowly down the first time, then rode the gondola up again to ride it again, and that's when I tried to go faster down and then pressed my brakes too hard and flipped off the bike!  So scary.






The road looks really smooth, but trust me, it was really bumpy, steep, and scary!  (side note: Billy just chose to watch Pride and Prejudice all on his own.  This is why we get along so well.)

This is right after I fell :(  I'm smiling because there were bikers biking down past us and I was embarrassed that I was crying and that Billy was taking a picture of me crying and bleeding haha.
We called the mountain doctors or whatever and they picked us up and drove us back up the mountain.  We then went to an urgent care in Avon and got some x-rays and all cleaned up and got a splint thing for my arm.

 Here is the pain scale they use to assess pain, we thought it was hilarious:

While we were gone all day, my parents were driving through on their way to Breckenridge and dropped off some cupcakes our wedding cake lady made for us for our one year!  So we got to pick those up and eat them and they were sooooooooooooooooooooo delish!  It was a great end to a long day.


On Sunday we went to the hospital one more time to pick up a different cast thing since we found out one of the bones in my wrist is fractured.  Then we met up with everybody at church in Breckenridge! 

It was definitely a very memorable weekend.  We will for sure never forget our eventful 1 year anniversary!  More to come later :)

6 comments:

  1. Cats jumping on your head?? Bahahaha How did I not hear about that? Also, why do you look so cute in your picture at the hospital after falling off a bike, getting bloody, and fracturing your wrist?? I wouldn't look like that after getting ready for three hours and posing like I had fallen off a bike, got bloody and broke my wrist. Life just isn't fair. P.S. Come over and sit on the girl couch with my soon. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a cupcake. Right now! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you're philosophical about it Caitlin. It will be a memorable first anniversary. What are you going to do next year to top this one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! im sorry for all of the unfortunate events... but glad you got to enjoy the great state of CO! :) hope your arm heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys know how to party, especially you Caitlin, sorry to hear about your wrist. You're a trooper! Looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that sure is eventful. I was complaining about Scarlett having a pretty hard time on our trip to San Fran but a broken wrist and car trumps a difficult baby...I think. Glad to see you're making the best of it all. And I just started mtn biking with some friends and it's scary stuff I totally believe you especially on a big mountain, I'm just riding small mountains.

    ReplyDelete