Monday, December 10, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012!

I need to blog about Thanksgiving before Christmas comes!

Thanksgiving was super fun this year.  We headed out to Arizona!  We were planning on leaving on Tuesday morning but the rental car place ran out of cars!  What?!  Didn't know that could happen when you had a reservation.  But we had to leave a lot later than planned so we drove to Kanab and stayed in a hotel for the night.  That was fun!  We drove the rest of the way on Wednesday.  I can't remember what we did the rest of that day!

Thursday we got up early to head to a Turkey Trot in the morning but it turned out it wasn't happening?  We couldn't find it so me, Jody and Billy went on a run on our own!  It was so fun!  We ran 5 miles boo ya!  We are awesome.  Then we got all set up for the big Barnes family Thanksgiving!  Me and Billy washed off some chairs and made some green beans and decorated the tables.  Then the family all gathered!  Such a fun Thanksgiving!  Here are some pics of the event I stole from Aunt Becky's Facebook:




It was a great day full of food and family!  That night me, Jody, and cousin Hannah went black Friday shopping to Macy's at midnight!  We are crazy.  It was pretty insane, so we didn't get anything and me and Jody headed right back home because we are old and love sleep.

Friday we took it easy.  We went out to lunch at a new Mexican restaurant, took it to the park and ate and played bocce ball.  Ceci was loving crawling around in the grass.  So cute.  Too bad Ceci kind of hated me the whole trip and would cry whenever I got near her.  That's okay she's still cute.  Then we had to get ready for Billy's cousin Ariel's wedding reception.  We headed over to the reception which was very nice!  They had delicious red velvet cupcakes!  More family fun time! 

Saturday we got to go on a steamboat ride at Canyon lake!  So fun!  It was very relaxing and lovely.  We saw some mountain sheep and some BALD EAGLES!  Can you believe it?  In the wild!  It was amazing.  Loved it.  Ceci was being super cute on the boat.  She makes this noise like a baby raptor and it is so cute.  After the boat ride we headed back home and helped make some turkey pot pie for dinner YUM!  Then we listened to Christmas music and set up the Christmas tree!  Karen has the best tree decorations.  It was super Christmassy.


Bruce taking a little snooze...

Beautiful!

It was such a fun trip!  I think I felt the most comfortable I have felt yet at my in-laws :)  I got really lucky with in-laws.  They are all about what I am all about: relaxing, eating good food, and watching movies.  It was a much needed break!

I need to get some more of the pictures from the trip from Jody :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Good job Caitlin! I'm being such a slacker. I think I've been overwhelmed with the amount of pictures I have to go through, but just you wait. The ones of you and Billy are superb! It was so much fun having you guys out as always! I love me some Billy and Caitlin time!!!

    ReplyDelete