Tuesday, July 2, 2013

California! (again)

Soooo we headed down to California again!  Dallin and Erin were coming down from Oregon for a break from school so we decided to head down to San Diego to see them and visit with the rest of the fam of course.  So we drove down 2 weeks ago on Wednesday.  We drove in right as Cody was starting to compete in a track meet, so we went straight there.  My mom, Dallin and Erin all came and met up with us.  It was fun being there but Cody never got to compete!  It was taking forever so after like 3 hours we decided to leave and it turns out Cody hurt his knee and never got to jump!  Sad!

The next day we went to the beach!  We went later in the day so we could play for a bit then BBQ, but it turns out you can't BBQ at that beach anymore!  Very sad.  So we just played for a while and then went home and had a BBQ.  We only got one picture from the beach.  My Dad was taking some pictures of us boogie boarding and I thought he was getting some of all of us but it turns out he was only taking pictures of Jayce haha!  So we only got one with Billy in it...we can tell who the favorite child is :) hehe jk jk


It turns out Dallin and Erin had to be back to school way earlier then they thought, so they had to leave the next day!  It was very sad.  It was fun hanging out with them while we did.  So we had a big lunch the next day and then sent them on their way.  Here's a pic of their cutie pie dog, Jose.  We love him but he is so so hairy!  And there is cute Pennie too.  They are BFFs now.


After lunch, the rest of us headed to Old Town to see the Mormon Battalion and walk around for a while.  Billy had never been to the Mormon Battalion before so it was cool to show him.  He got to be the guy that got all dressed up!  Cool hat huh?



After the Mormon Battalion we walked around a bit.  We saw the old school house there and a bunch of fun shops and stuff.  We stopped at a candy shop and Mom bought us $20 worth of candy!!  Yikes!  Thanks Mom :)  We also had to stop at a rock shop for Jayce.



Saturday we went to the mall for a few errands and then that night there was a welcome home party for a missionary in my home ward who just got home.  I decided last minute to go because I found out my BFF Jen was there!  Yay!  So I got to catch up with Jen and Brandon which was way fun.  I also got to catch up with a bunch of other ward members and see a few people who I haven't seen in a long long time!  Fun stuff.

Sunday we went to Sacrament meeting and then came home to take care of Jayce who was sick with pink eye and an ear infection!

Monday was just running some errands and a quick stop at Golden Spoon!  YUM!  I forgot how much I love Golden Spoon!  We ate it in the car because I am a germ-a-phobe now and didn't want to sit at any of the tables.



Tuesday we got to go kayaking at La Jolla cove with Cody and Cambrie!  It was so fun.  The kayak people told me not to bring my phone to take pictures so I don't have any :(  I'm bummed because my phone would have been totally fine.  We saw lots of big jellyfish, orange fish, and lots of seals up close!  They were swimming right near our kayaks, it was pretty fun!  It was perfect weather for kayaking.  Cody and Cambrie only flipped twice and we only flipped once at the very end :)  Afterwards, we went to eat at In-n-out.

Cute couple... :)
 
Also a ravishing couple, am I right?  :)

Wednesday my Mom and I went out to lunch at this hot dog place (I know super healthy) and then to get pedicures!  And after we picked up the rest of the fam and all went to see Monsters University!  So fun!

You can tell I have been pretty lazy all summer and haven't done my hair much...hence it is always pulled back :)

Extremely blurry picture at the movies...Cambrie works at the theater so she came to join us too!

The next day we went out to lunch with my Mom and Dad and then headed up to Brea to visit with Jenny and the girlies for a few days!

A few random Pennie pics (can you tell I love my dog?  haha)  She got groomed one day and they put this patriotic bandana on her...we thought it was sooo hilarious!  She is such a funny looking dog already.  I look freaky in this first pic...sorry.


This is her barking ferociously

I'll do another post about our time in Brea!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming! These pictures make me miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast! I want to visit San Diego with you guys and do stuff! Bummer you only got to see your bro for one day though, darn! At least you got to see him before he left. So glad you guys had a safe super fun trip!

    ReplyDelete