Wednesday, April 1, 2015

February 2015

Lots of fun stuff happened in February!  At the end of January/beginning of Feb Billy was STILL off of school so Jody asked him to babysit for a couple days while she went to Hawaii and Karen was at work.  Looks like they had some fun!  They went to a museum one day and did other fun things that I don't know because I wasn't there because I was working :(



Haha this one cracks me up
Another interesting thing that has happened recently is that Thunderbird went bankrupt (yikes) so ASU bought them.  Now Billy is an ASU student.  It's sad because Thunderbird has lost some of its high acclaim because it is ASU now, but Billy gets all the perks of being an ASU student now which is sweet.  He looks pretty dang handsome on his ID card as well.  I guess I just really like this picture :)


It was also Ceci's birthday on February 14th but we had a little birthday celebration a week early so Dieter could be there.  We had Taylor's baby blessing first, then Ceci's party.  Having a baby blessing at home is like the best thing ever.  It is so much more special.  It was such a nice blessing, I'm pretty sure everyone was in tears.  Ceci and Maddison sat right by me on the couch during the blessing and were so still, it was super cute (until Ceci randomly wanted to take her shoes off...)  Such good times with family.  Here are some pics from the party!

All the other kids REALLY wanted to help open Ceci's presents :)


Bruce...haha all up in Ceci's face.  She's used to it though.
She was pretty timid about blowing out the candles, not sure why but it was pretty funny/cute

Chillin with chub chub Piper
Babies hanging out

Taylor's freaky toes

We had a pinata that all the kids got to take a whack at
 


Taylor sure loves his momma
After none of the kids could burst the pinata, Jon chucked it to Dieter who hit it with a bat and it exploded!  It was awesome.  There were lollipops in the pinata and I loved how Ceci kept saying "I got a popsicle!".  Too cute.

Random other happenings in February:

Our bathtub got redone because one of the tiles fell off.  Water kept leaking into the kitchen for a while after the tub was finished.  I showered once and it FLOODED the kitchen, so we had the maintenance guy back and he fixed it.  Tub drama.
Bluebell was on sale for $3.50 a tub!!  Yes, this is so amazing that it's worth blogging about.

Cafe Rio for a date night one night!  Such good food options in AZ!
One Sunday it was super foggy and creepy as we were driving to church.  I loved it!

Linda and Steve sent me this in a package because I had lost a button on one of my shirts and kept thinking it was an m&m on my desk all day.  They saw my post on Instagram and sent this to me...they are literally the best!!

Billy cleaned the whole apartment one Friday afternoon and then made brownies once I got home.  He is so great.
I think this was actually in March, but we went over to Billy's Korean friend Biho's house and had Korean food with he and his wife and another guy from school.  It was really fun!  It is interesting interacting with all these people from different countries.
This is Billy's view like every evening.  Watching TV and looking at my phone at the same time.  Except now it's summer so no more blanket.
Billy also helped me get ready for my annual flower dissection.  We got 160 tulips donated from Home Depot.  Boo ya!  It's like $300 worth of flowers.
Billy drew this on my white board for the kids to see, they all LOVED it!  Especially the kids who can read Korean.  They were amazed that Mr. Barnes knows Korean.


I think this was actually in March but while I'm posting random things I'll blog about this.  We went to chipotle one night for dinner because we were over cooking and they were out of steak and said it would take 5-10 minutes to have more.  We said we'd wait so they gave us free drinks and then once we got to the register they said that dinner was on them for waiting so long!!  We only waited like 3 minutes!  IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT EVER!
 

Ok that's February!  Sorry kind of random!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the random stuff. You guys do get lucky with food stuff, except sometimes it's free food because there's a piece of a glove in your food. The waiting 3 minutes is way better. I'm so glad you guys were able to come to the blessing and birthday and that Billy watched my kids. I have the best bro and sis n law ever!

    ReplyDelete