Friday, August 14, 2015

Anniversary weekend

Billy was home for the weekend of August 8th.  He was here for just that Friday evening and Saturday, then he flew to Ethiopia on Sunday, which is where he is now for 2 weeks!  We were both super excited to see each other, it had been over a month since we were together.  We went down to Billy's parents house on Friday to hang out with his sisters and all the nieces and nephews since Kara and her kids were in town from Georgia.  It was a fun night.  We were both pretty pooped by 9 PM so we had to head back home.

Piper looks a little freaked out by my super excited face
She is so chunky, I love it!
Saturday we woke up late and headed to the gym for a couple bonding sweat sesh!  Then we headed to Del Taco for lunch (we are really good influences on each other...) and grocery shopping.  Billy had to work on packing for Ethiopia and I had to prep my YW lesson so we took some time and did that.  Then we got ready for our big fancy anniversary dinner at the Melting Pot!  We booked a private booth with a curtain (ooh la la) and got the 4 course meal.  It was awesome and so fun!  We took 3 hours to eat.  It was a super fun time.  Lots of good chats, lots of good eats, it was perfect.



Ok y'all, I LOVE this picture!!  I think it's our best picture ever!  It's too bad we couldn't get the digital copy of it.  Dang look how good we look!  We had an awesome night.

After we got home we watched some Big Bang Theory and fell asleep on the couch.  So we went to bed and Billy got up at like 4 AM to finish packing, that crazy guy.

Sunday I had to drop him at the airport which was super sad :(  then I taught YW.  I snapped this pic of Meredith with her cookie and cactus.  It was her birthday.  I think this girl is freaking hilarious.  I have the best calling.

Sunday night I went to Bruce and Karen's for dinner and a little birthday party for Maddison!  It was insane with all the kids there!  A very fun insane.


All the kids minus the babies!

The girls had fun trying on old prom dresses from Jenny and Jody's prom days!
Great weekend!  On our actual anniversary, my mom sent me this awesome cookie basket.  I was so surprised to see it on my desk!  I thought it was from Billy but it turned out to be from my parents which was so sweet!  Billy gets a free pass since he's in Ethiopia without internet.


I had a super fun anniversary party for one with Chipotle for dinner :)  A few people told me after I should have called them to hang out that day, I didn't think about it really but I wish I hadn't been alone!  But it's all good!  It was an awesome party for one.

1 comment:

  1. Burrito bowls can make anything a little better. I'm glad we got to see you two though.

    ReplyDelete