Thursday, March 1, 2018

Caitlin's surgery

I had to have a surgery on August 30th on a cyst that I had develop during pregnancy.  It was the most random thing ever that it appeared and I swear it was the most painful thing I had experienced before childbirth!  I had to prepare a bunch of milk ahead of time because I couldn't nurse afterwards for 24 hours.  Billy took the day off of work and handled Colby all day for me!  Then my mom came into town and took over from there for the next few days.  I wasn't allowed to SIT for 6-8 WEEKS!  I will never take sitting for granted again.  For real.

*For me to remember: I had to have a wound vac on for the week following the surgery.  It was fine the first few days (just no showers, only sponge baths), but the last few days were awful because it would buzz when the tape started to come loose so it was buzzing ALL THE TIME!  It would keep me up at night and just drive me crazy in general. 

Ready for surgery.  Karen was so nice and came to the hospital with me while Billy took care of Colby

This may have been the last time we ever used bottles!  She became a much better nurser after my surgery for some reason.  Maybe she realized she took nursing for granted!

Snoozin on Billy
 Someone learned to grab their toes!


Trying on blessing outfits!  We had the baby blessing a few days later.


Colby looooves Grayson!
This girlie loves her Grammys!


 It was a super bummer I had to have the surgery but I was so thankful for all the help and I'm glad I got it over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment