Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sending Derek off to the MTC!

So, my family came to town June 11th to drop Derek at the MTC on the 13th.  It was really fun having them here, but I was still in school and that week was finals week!  In fact my Philosophy final was scheduled from 1-3 PM on the 13th and we were supposed to drop Derek off at 1:10.  Sooo that was stressful.  We just dropped him early and then rushed me to school so I could go take my final.

It was a weird/stressful/emotional morning for me.  I was stressed about my finals and feeling like I should be sadder that Derek was leaving, but I couldn't really think about it.  So that morning I drove over to the Sutherland's to eat breakfast and say goodbyes/prayers with Derek.  Dad gave him a blessing and everything.  Then we all piled in the van to drive to the MTC!

All piled in the van:

me studying on the way to the MTC and having some final giggles with Derek:
 
Outside the MTC



Final hug for Mom:


Final hugs all around:



There he goes...

Cody and Jayce were pretty bummed

Billy dropped me at school and I went and took my Philosophy final!  The guy next to me was cheating off of his iPad during the test which was very stressful for me.  I didn't know if I should say something to him/the teacher or not.  Big moral dilemma.  Anyways, after the final is when it hit me that Derek was really gone for 2 YEARS!  That is a long time.  Its a big sacrifice the Lord asks of teenage boys, but there is no better thing he could be doing!  He seems really happy and excited to be out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment