Monday, September 24, 2012

Bruce and Karen come to town!

This past weekend Bruce and Karen drove into town to attend Bruce's uncle Rex Ashdown's funeral in Ogden.  They drove through Provo on Thursday night and we went out to get milkshakes and fries with them.  So fun!

Saturday we drove up to Ogden to attend the funeral.  I've never been to a funeral for a family member before.  I actually can't even remember the last funeral I went to...which is lucky for me I think.  It was a beautiful funeral.  I got to meet lots of family members I hadn't ever met before.  I could feel the love everyone there had for Uncle Rex and for each other.  It was wonderful!  There was an amazing spirit there!

After the funeral we went to the cemetery.  I've never been to the cemetery after a funeral before.  It was really neat.


After the cemetery we went back to the church for a luncheon where I got to meet more family members!

After, we went back to Bruce's cousin Rex' house where Bruce and Karen were staying and chatted and ate snacks (including homemade caramel apples...yummmm!).  They have this little play area under the stairs downstairs where they painted a carriage on the wall with windows...so me and Billy posed in it!


We went outside and fed the horses and played basketball which was great.  I showed my awesome basketball skillz off...not really.

On our way home we stopped in Layton to eat at Brick Oven with some of Billy's aunts and uncles.  It was a blast!  Then we drove cousin Neil and Hannah home with us.  The drive home was so fun!  Billy has some great cousins!  It was a super great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment