Monday, September 24, 2012

Jayson's Baptism

A couple weeks ago, the weekend of September 8th, we drove down to California for Jayce's baptism!  We drove down on Thursday and spent the night at Jenny and Jason's.  Friday we went to the beach with Jenny and the girlies!  It was a blast!  Sierra and Whitney are the cutest little girls ever.  I need to get some pictures from Jenny because I didn't take any.  It was so fun though...we collected sand crabs and jumped over lots of waves and chased lots of birds.  Whitney was so scared of the sand crabs...it was funny because she is usually a little dare devil!  After the beach we got milkshakes from Ruby's on the pier.  Delish!

After the beach we got showered and then drove down to San Diego to go to a family fun center for Jayce's birthday party!  It was a blast!

Here I am zooming around the corner in my go-kart.  I'm awesome.


Here are my wonderful Barrow grandparents who flew in all the way from Texas!


Being crazy while mini golfing...

 
 

Billy wanted me to mention that he is super tan in this picture.  He tans really easily...its kind of unfair.  I got super burnt because SOMEBODY sprayed me with sunscreen but didn't rub it in.  Haha jk it was fine.  I kind of liked the feeling of being burned...am I crazy or what?!??!?!?!?!

Dallin zooming in his kart...he dominated the last round even though Dad took him out a few times haha


The bumper boats were by far the funniest thing to happen that night.  Too bad we don't have pictures of that.  Dad got so soaked...it was hilarious.


Saturday was Jayce's birthday AND baptism!  What a day!  He opened one present early in the day...

A bow and arrows!  All the boys were loving shooting it at a tree and a trash bag full of sticks.

The baptism was great.  My Grandpa Barrow gave an awesome talk relating the gospel to a fishing line.  Grandpa Sutherland gave a talk about the Holy Ghost.  Grandma Sutherland gave Jayce the same baptism bag that she gave me when I got baptized.  It was a great day.

Dad baptized Jayce...isn't Jayce a cutie?


The whole fam...and Erin (Dallin's girlfriend) who doesn't look very happy but I think she was...


Grandparents


Jayce with Derek's missionary plaque

All the sibs... (my shirt makes me look like a black blob but I promise I'm not)

This picture is so awkward for many reasons...can you spy some?


After the baptism we went back home for dinner and cake and presents!


Sunday my mom made us a delish breakfast because she is the best :) and then we had to fly back home.  We left the Mazda at home for my parents to sell!  Pretty sad...but also very relieving.  That car has caused nothing but sadness.  Haha jk that's dramatic...it was a great car until it started breaking all the time.  We loved being home and seeing family if only for a short time!

2 comments:

  1. Grandpa gives the best Holy Ghost talk. Did he use a picture of the sun? Cool he got to do that because for most of my siblings the talks were chosen ahead of time by the stake primary people. But he did speak at my baptism!

    Okay awkward picture? Um, where did your hand go? Is that one of them? And its hard to tell whose hand is on your waist? Is that another one? Those aren't even that awkward. Maybe I'm missing it. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember Grandpa using a picture of the sun...but actually maybe he did. Shows how much I paid attention!

      Hahaha thank you for searching for the awkwardness. Those are good ones! The hand on my waist was one of the things I was thinking of...whose hand even is that? And Billy is just popping out from behind like "hello!" and Erin looks really grumpy. And Cody's hand is kind of weird. But that's all. Super awkward, huh? Haha jk

      Delete