Saturday, September 29, 2012

Friday Date Night!

  Caitlin and I had a fun date night last night!  We decided to take turns planning a fun date night each Friday and it was Caitlin's turn yesterday.  Usually Caitlin makes the blog posts, but I was pretty bored at work today so I'm making this one.

  So Date Night started out with going to Smash Burger for dinner.  I think it doesn't sound very appetizing, like if you eat there your burger will smash you, or they serve you smashed burgers, but it's actually really good!  I got the Beehive burger and Caitlin got the Smash Classic burger.  We also shared sweet potato fries YUM!

  After dinner, we drove up the canyon to Bridal Veil Falls and walked up the trail to the waterfall because Caitlin loves to see the changing color of the leaves during Fall.  Here's some pictures
 

Here's Caitlin posing naturally in front of the fall colors.

That's me, looking at the leaves... yep.

There's the waterfall. There was also a section all dammed up on the left that had fish. It was pretty neat. Caitlin was telling me about how she was the only person in her bug class to fall in the water here when they came up on a field trip to catch bugs. I wish I could have seen that!
On the walk back to the car we took a few more photos and here they are -

Leaves

Nature

Artsy fartsy

Okay, so I have some explaining to do on this one.  I started walking down the path and turned around and made a scary face since I had been thinking about Halloween all evening and Caitlin laughed and said I looked like a demon.  So I held the scary pose for the photo, but then Caitlin told me to smile, so I started smiling and now looking at the photo, I think I look kind of like a demon that's happy because my eye is all crazy, but I also look like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons.  Caitlin laughed for about 10 minutes after taking this photo.  We sent it as a picture message to some people after without any explanation and we thought that was way funny, but all the people who got the picture probably just thought that was weird.  Sorry!

 
Mr. Burns
Me
  On our way back home, we stopped at the Riverwoods shopping area because they have a big Halloween store there.  We wanted to see all the Halloween stuff and also get some inspiration for our costumes this year.  It was pretty fun seeing all the Halloween stuff, but we're still not quite sure what we want to be this year.  We're thinking about being Wolverine and Jean from X-Men, or Eric and Donna from That 70's Show, or a prison inmate and a prison guard.  We had some other ideas too, but I can't remember what they are right now.

Eric Forman

Me
Some people say there is a resemblance, but I don't see it...
 
  At the Riverwoods, there was also a farmers market happening (which wasn't that great) and we stopped at a boutique which had some neat girl and baby stuff so Caitlin really liked it, and we went to the toy store there.  Caitlin found these stuffed animals that she loves and wants them for when we have kids.  I think they are pretty cool too.  There was a red dinosaur that was pretty awesome.  Here's a picture -


  After the toy store, we got back in the car and headed home, but we made one more unexpected stop when Caitlin said, "I wish we had rocky road ice cream from the creamery so I could eat it whenever I wanted to..."  So my brain translated that to "I want some ice cream."  That sounded pretty good to me too, so we stopped at JCW and got the chocolate/vanilla twirl cones.  They really piled that ice cream high!  Check out these pictures -


I guess I was into looking creepy last night with my demon eye...
Thanks for the awesome date night Cait!  It was super fun!

2 comments:

  1. This is good stuff Billy! I like the picture comparisons. Adds a lot to a blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun date night! And the fall colors are beautiful!! I need to show Cody your creepy picture...it was especially creepy in the trees. I wish I had one of those ice cream cones right now! Can't wait to see future posts about date nights!

    ReplyDelete