Wednesday, March 20, 2013

唐人街和肖像畫廊和咖啡館裡約!

Hey so on March 9th we headed to Chinatown.  It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but it was still pretty neat.  Here's some pictures -

Here's the Chinese thing that goes over the street.  Sorry, I realize that is not the best description...
Here are dead ducks hanging in the window of this Chinese restaurant
  After Chinatown, we headed over to the Portrait Gallery.  We really liked the Gallery because it had portraits of lots of famous people and also a section with portraits of all the United States presidents.

Joseph Smith
Me and John Brown being crazy. The gallery police made me wear my backpack on the front in case you were wondering. It's a precautionary thing they make people do.
Caitlin posing like Philip Sheridan
Pocahontas and Caitlin.  If Caitlin were a Disney princess I think she would have been Pocahontas.
Looks like she's really there watching the storm come in right?
Caitlin and her brain twin
Smirking
Smiling
Staring contest with Thomas Jefferson.  I won...
Abraham Lincoln
  We were so tired from walking through this gallery!  We had to sit down and rest and play with the camera.  We love our camera!  Here's some of the funner pictures we took while resting -

 And the best for last...
  After the portrait gallery, we walked briskly to the White House.  There were some really neat looking homes, like townhouses, right near the back of the White House that we want to purchase.  We think they are probably like $1,000,000,000,000 though.  We couldn't get very close but here are some pictures we took of the White House.
Back
Front
  We had to hurry back because we planned on going to Cafe Rio with all the other inters I work with.  We were way excited to go because Cafe Rio is a favorite in Utah. Caitlin and I went to the metro stop that my intern buddy lives by and they picked us up in their car and we headed over to Cafe Rio. While we were waiting at the metro stop, a scary-looking black man with an unlit cigarette hanging in his lips came up to us and we had the following conversation -

"Hey, is this your wife?"
"Yes it is."
"Is it your wife or your soon-to-be wife?"
"She's my wife. We're married." (At about this point I was really nervous, but not showing it, obviously)
"How old are you?"
"I'm 26." "I'm 23." (Caitlin is actually 22, but she said she was 23. She must have been nervous too)
"You two are a beautiful couple!" (He shook our hands)"I just had to stop to tell you that. I just want to take a picture of you two and send it to my mom! Have a blessed day!"
"Thanks! You too!" (Then he walked away)

Cafe Rio was pretty fun, but it wasn't as good as Cafe Rio in Utah.  It was fun hanging out with everyone.  I lucked out and work with a good group of interns.  Here's a picture of the group -
From the left going clockwise: Josh, Jordan, Andy Chapman, me, Caitlin, Andy Reuss, George, Alyse, Amanda (Josh's wife)

2 comments:

  1. I like all the pictures and hearing about the small, yet funny, things that happen to you. Perhaps we should start calling you Ken and Barbie from now on. You guys are too pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I wanna be friends with you guys! Well, I am but I wish we could hang out more because you're so fun :)

    ReplyDelete