Friday, November 1, 2013

California and New Car

  I drove to California with my mom last minute on September 19th.  The day before I had called most of the Southern California Missions to see if they had any cars for sale since the Arizona missions did not have any, and I found out that the Riverside Mission had some available which is on the way to Brea.  My mom and I stopped there to see the car, a 2010 Toyota Corolla, and it was pretty nice and for a good price!  My mom dropped me off back at the mission office on Saturday and I bought the car and drove back to Arizona.  Here's a picture of the car.
I think we're averaging about 37 mpg which is a little improvement over the Lincoln...  It feels like Caitlin's Corolla she had in high school, so she loves it.  It's a pretty good little gas-saver car.
  While I was in California I had a ton of fun with Jen and her family.  As soon as we got there, we went to Sierra's soccer game.  She is in an outdoor league and it was funny to watch the little kids swarm the ball.  After the game we went to Brea's Best and had some really good hamburgers!  It's fun to be back in Brea.
Here's Carter driving while Jenny was loading the girls into their car seats after the game.
  The next day, Friday, we went to Disneyland!   It was a ton of fun!  The girls were being really good and funny and I got to spend some time with Carter while everyone else went on rides a couple times.  He's a fun little guy and was climbing all around the stroller when it was stopped, so I had to keep it moving most of the time.
Right when we got into Disneyland, the girls got to meet Snow White.  They were very excited about that.
Mom and Sierra?  I can't really tell.
Me and Carter watching everyone else on the inflatable tire bumper-car ride in California Adventure.
Carter liked to play with the 3-D glasses at the Bugs Life movie.  He had them on at the start and was reaching out for the butterfly.
Sierra and Whitney with their bug eyes on.



Whitney liked to fall backwards when she was on my shoulders.  It was pretty funny and amusing for everyone else that saw it.
  Sierra didn't want to go on Tower of Terror, but she did want to try Splash Mountain.  I took her on it for her first time.  She was pretty nervous, but after the big drop she said, "I wish the down part was longer!"  She really liked it.  Too bad her face was covered up.  Jen took her again and they sat in the front and got a good picture.
  It was a great trip!  Thanks Jen!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for new cars!! When we get a new one for Adam (because I'll need a mini van next--eek!) we'll have to look into getting a mission car. And I can't wait to take my kids to Disney next year, I bet its so much fun with kids (your own or your sisters!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for your own new-ish car! And yeah for Disneyland! Sorry Caitlin had to miss it! Good think you were holding on tight to Whit!

    ReplyDelete