Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

  We had a pretty low key Halloween this year.  Halloween was on a school night and Caitlin had a lot to do.  We also were carving pumpkins on Halloween, so we were doing that last minute.  At school everyone dressed up in their costumes.  Caitlin was a zebra and she looked awesome.  We found a zebra adult size onesie at Target and it looked so good and comfortable.  Caitlin was a little nervous to wear it at school, but when she saw how crazy the other teachers were dressed up, she felt comfortable being a little zebra. 
  Caitlin's first period class didn't know she was a zebra and thought she was a cow.  Caitlin then asked them if they need to look at pictures of animals during class.  Haha.  Here's some pictures of our Halloween day after Caitlin came home -
My dad carved his pumpkin on the counter because he said it was too difficult to sit on the floor on the plastic we put down.
My mom is a pumpkin carving machine!  She carved 3 little pumpkins in like 5 minutes.
Caitlin enjoying some chips and homemade salsa after eating tortilla soup.
Here she is giving a cutie pose.
My dad lighting his candle trying not to catch his beard on fire.
Grabbing the guts!
I hate getting my hands messy, but I love carving pumpkins.
The three of us that sat down to carve our pumpkins.
Caitlin concentrating on her carving sketch.
Just having fun!
Caitlin's pumpkin had the best shape to be Bert from Sesame Street!
So I carved Ernie.
The Pumpkin Posse
  I was really impressed with the pumpkin carving this year!  I feel that we all saw the images in the pumpkins and let them free, like the sculptor seeing the art within the slab of marble and chipping away at it until the masterpiece was revealed... or something like that.
  Then Caitlin worked on her school stuff and when everyone went to bed it was still early, so I popped myself some popcorn and watched a movie.  I also ate a ton of candy since we had so much leftover.  Only about 6 groups of trick-or-treaters came to our house.
  By far though, the best thing about Halloween night was that Caitlin wore her zebra onesie all night until she went to bed.  Hahahahahahaha.  It does look very comfortable though.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

6 comments:

  1. I want a zebra onsie!!! It does look comfy. And your pumpkins are all freaking awesome. Very good. I do not carve pumpkins, so Adam did all four of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkins are totally awesome!! I'm glad you took that pumpkin and made it into Bert (& Ernie). And, Halloween is so fun at elementary/middle schools, especially when the teachers get into it and dress up. Cute zebra (or cow :))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun you got to carve pumpkins! There like $100 here so we obviously didn't do any. I'm such a boring mom. You guys are going to be super fun parents one day...
    Love Bert and Ernie and the zebra onsie that Caitlin wore all day...I have a feeling it's not the last time we see it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that zebra onesie is awesome! But just for the record I think they are technically footie pjs not a onesie a onesie is what newborns wear. I was expecting something different when I first read the description : ) You're pumpkins did turn out great! Now that i'm thinking about it I didn't even photograph ours and it was Scarlett's first time really helping. #1 mom! We're excited to see you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray! I finally caught up on all your blog posts! Thought I'd give you just one more comment to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AND I finally caught up on your posts...thank goodness Kara Whatsapped and told everyone you had all those updates you goobers. And don't mind Kara's silly onsie comment...she would ;)

    ReplyDelete