Monday, June 8, 2015

4th Year Hike

So a few months ago I got asked to be in charge of this year's 4th year hike for girls camp.  I was pretty nervous because I had no idea what I was doing.  Turns out the Stake camp director kind of did it all for me anyway.  We went to Sedona and did a 7 mile hike along a creek on Friday, camped and got POURED on, and then did the Devil's bridge hike the next morning before leaving.  It was pretty hilarious how rainy it was because we weren't expecting rain really at all.

Starting from the beginning, we drove strait to the hike.  The hike was GORGEOUS, it reminded me a lot of hiking the narrows at Zion National Park.  It wasn't strenuous and the girls seemed to have a really good time.  It was about 7 miles.

We stopped for National Donut Day on the way out and had to wait in a really long line
Giant rock along the trail

crossing the stream





Soo pretty!
It started to rain as we were finishing the hike.  We hurried to the campsite to set up our tents before the rain started coming down harder.  We got them up right in time.  It started really coming down for a while.  It was off and on for a few hours.  Eventually we started prepping our tin foil dinners!  They were delicious.  They cooked in the rain and then we had to eat them in the car, but it was all good.  I was laughing to myself inside the whole time.  It was so ridiculous how much it was raining!

Cute Cambria was smart and brought a poncho.  Everyone else was scrambling around trying to get out of the rain and she was just chillin collecting a pool of water in her lap

Hanging out under a trash bag

So rainy!  Waiting for the tin foil dinners to finish

Oh another funny thing about the weekend was that the Stake camp director came and brought her husband as our token priesthood leader and the Stake YW president came and brought her husband for the other Priesthood leader as well as his doctor skills.  So I was the awkward 5th wheel the whole weekend which was pretty fun...
Campsite.  All the girls were taking refuge in the tent

Hanging out under a trash bag


Cute girls eating in their tent

My dinner...yummmmmm!

Leaders eating in the car
Low clouds on the mountain
 Later in the evening I went to play some card games with the girls and they wanted smores but I was like duh it's pouring and they were like we just want the stuff, we don't need to cook them so I was like aight and I went and got the stuff and we had uncooked smores and it was awesome.


I'm scary looking in this I'm sorry
Then we had our devotional which I had prepped which was pretty good I might say, then we went to bed.  My devotional was mentioned during testimony meeting at church on Sunday so I'm feelin pretty good about that.  Sleeping was rough out there in the wild.  My sleeping pad wouldn't inflate so I was sleeping on the ground and the rain was super loud all night as well as some music playing across the way.  And I had to pee like all night so really fun times.  The morning was fun.  We made ick on a stick also called Doughboys by the Barnes family which is where you roast biscuit dough over a fire on a stick then take it off and fill it with deliciousness like honey and butter and jam and fruit and stuff.  We had some trial and error but they turned out delish and it was fun being around the fire and making those as a group.

Meredith is the one being creepy and she is so funny...love her
After breakfast we packed up and headed to the Devil's bridge hike which was awesome!  We drove part way to the trail head and walked the rest while the girls got to ride all the way there so on the way back to the car I rode on the running board of the other car until we got to our car.  That was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip!  It was super fun.

Tired girls at the top

Cute picture of me and Cambria

I love these girls!!  So fun!!

The Sequoia taking on the rocky terrain

Weeeeeeeeee
After Devil's Bridge we came home!  Super fun trip!  I feel really lucky I get to be in Young Women.  I love it so much!  The girls are so fun and we have such a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment