Thursday, September 21, 2017

Tucson Babymoon

Billy and I were going to do a babymoon in Hawaii when I was 34 weeks, but my doctor said he'd prefer I not go since it would be cutting it kind of close and there would be no way for me to get back to have the baby if I started going into labor.  I was super sad but wanted to do something so I planned a little trip to Tucson using a Groupon I found for a nice hotel there.  We went when I was 37 weeks, the first weekend in April.  It was super fun and good to get away just the two of us for a couple days!

Dinner at Lindy's on 4th, a place recommended to us by some friends.  All the burgers are named inappropriate things haha.  It was yummy and a fun night!  Only bummer is that it's a college town and we're old farts who don't like youths
 The next morning we ordered room service because we were on vacation and wanted to!  Ha!  Billy got french toast and I got pancakes.  Delish.


We watched some conference while eating because we're super righteous like that

Hanging by the pool


We headed out to a cool mission out there called San Xavier.  We stopped for dinner at Rubios because it's our fave.  The mission was awesome!  It's super old and everything is hand carved/painted so it was really neat to walk around and see.






View of the mission from a nearby hill that you can walk up


The drive into our hotel was super pretty

We went for a walk around the resort when the sun was going down and it was super pretty!

So pregnant...

We had had dinner already but super late at night I was being my pregnant self and super hungry again so we ordered pizza like fatties and gobbled it all up!  We watched the movie Buried with Ryan Reynolds which was the worst movie I've ever seen.  Spoilers: he's in a box buried underground for the ENTIRE MOVIE.  You see nothing else.  So crazy.


Monday we spent some time at the pool then packed up and headed home.  I had gotten rear ended the week before so we went to pick up our rental car which was this awesome white truck!  So fun!

Then we went to Bahama Bucks in the evening which is my favorite thing ever.  Such a fun weekend!!!  I love Billy so much and it was awesome to be able to spend a little one on one time with him before the baby came!

1 comment:

  1. How many times have I been to visit you and we've never been to Bahama Bucks? What?? And that resort looks awesome...I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete