Sunday, September 12, 2010

One month!

We've been married for a whole month! We can't believe it! It feels like just yesterday was our wedding day. Well actually, it feels like it was about a month ago since we had a honeymoon and have been going to school and stuff, so I guess that makes sense.


Since our one month is on a Sunday, we decided to celebrate on Saturday. Well, let me back up and start with Friday since we were brave and went to our married stake BBQ Friday night and got some hot dogs and ice cream :) We had fun and met some nice people. We are going to have to be brave and put ourselves out there if we are going to have married friends...which we need :)

So then on Saturday, we slept in and Billy made some delish scrambled egg sandwiches for brunch-ish. Then I had to work from 1-4:30 and while I was gone, Billy was such a great husband and man and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen spotless to suprise me! (Unfortunately it REALLY needed to be cleaned already...) He picked me up from work and took me home and showed me the beautiful house and I was so happy and THEN he said that he left his phone out in the car which in reality he actually just left some beautiful red roses out in the car!! And he brought those in and of course I started crying a little and was so glad I married someone who is so good to me!


Then we had to hurry and get ready for adult session of Stake Conference which we thought was at 5 at our church building but apparently we were lied to...or just misheard when and where it was. So we drove around for a while trying to follow people who were walking around in church clothes but we could not figure out where it was so we called it quits and went out to dinner instead. We went to Magleby's!

Yes, we are wearing the same clothes we wore in our engagement pictures :) Our food was super super good! And of course if you go to Magleby's you have to get the famous chocolate cake!

The cake is pricey, but it's a must. After dinner we went to go see Inception, since I haven't seen it yet. It was way good! I wish my dreams were that real. And make that much sense. The dreams in that movie really didn't make that much sense, so that shows you how much sense my dreams make.


Today has been a good day! We went to stake conference this morning and got to hear Elder Holland and President Packer speak! It was so great. We are so lucky we go to BYU where we can hear apostles speak to us on a regular basis. After that we decided to crank out some homework...well actually I took a nap and Billy did a lot of this:




A.k.a. playing Slingshot Cowboy on my ipod touch. His favorite game. You shoot cows with a slingshot. Cool.


We then went over to our neighbors for dinner and some games with 2 other couples from our ward. It was way fun! They knew how to play Pounce so me and Billy were loving it. I beat Billy. Just putting that out there. And it was my first time not playing with teams. It was way fun.


Happy one month anniversary to me and Bill! Can't wait for all of the 34598457485844534859+ more months we have together!


Here is a funny picture to end with:



Oh and Billy got a haircut this week which was great. He needed one :)


oh and also we have been eating our wedding cupcakes that we stored in the freezer because everyone tells us not to wait for the 1 year because the cake tastes gross by then so we have been eating them now and they have retained their moistness and deliciousness! So we have been eating a lot of cake lately :)




5 comments:

  1. So glad you guys are having fun. Thanks for the bright cheery post Caitlin. Once a year, you'll have to get Billy to stop shooting cows and put a couple of words on the blog too.

    Yahoo for 1 month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! You guys are so cute! Happy 1 month anniversary! The next few years will go by as fast as that first month so enjoy every second! We sure do miss you guys!
    Love,
    Your big sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, you need to try this slingshot cowboy game sometime - you won't be able to get any work done either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Billy! BEAUTIFUL roses! And a clean house?! You ARE good to her! Sounds like you had the best weekend ever - BWE!!! Thanks for loving each other! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are so cute! Happy one month! I promise I will send out your present this weekend, I'm just bummed I have to unwrap it to send it. Oh well, keep up the posts it's fun to see what you two crazy kids are up to.

    ReplyDelete