Sunday, January 1, 2012

Barrow Family Reunion

On the 18th we flew to San Diego for the Barrow family reunion and for Travis and Cami's wedding!  It was so fun being home in San Diego for a few days.  I don't know how its possible but I kind of forgot how beautiful it is there.  I love it so much!  Anyways, Sunday morning we woke up when we wanted to actually be AT the airport!  So that was really stressful and scary but good thing we did that same thing the day we were supposed to leave for our honeymoon so we're used to being stressed on the way to the airport haha.  We got there on time though and made our flight!  Christmas miracle.

Once we got to San Diego we went home to shower then went to church which was so fun because my entire extended family was there and all my friends were there too!  So it was a blast reconnecting with everyone.  The whole family came over for dinner that night and we sang Christmas songs and shared family stories and it was great.  We all slept at a hotel in Del Mar.  Grandpa is so great to put these big reunions all together and make it so everyone is able to afford coming!

Monday we all took family pictures on the beach!  For some reason I haven't seen any of those pictures and don't have any...sorry!  We took some fun ones though...hopefully I can put some up soon.

We all went for a hike up at Torrey Pines.

Sorry this is as big as these pictures are going to get.  I didn't take any pictures and I don't know how to save the pictures people shared with me.

Pride rock with little Maggie haha!

After the hike we all went to In-N-Out (or Up and Down burger as my Grandpa calls it).  We took up the whole place practically!  There were so many red shirt people!

After In-N-Out we all went to the San Diego Food Bank to help sort and organize food that was donated for the holidays into expired, good, etc.  It was so fun all doing service together as a family!  We got so much done!




At night we had another family gathering where we read each others stories and ate and had a great time.

Grandpa and his story telling hands...

Tuesday everyone exercised in the morning (some crazy people got up at 5 and ran 11 miles!) then we all had to get ready to go to the temple for Cami's endowments!  That was really great.  I like going with people that are going for the first time because it helps me look at everything in a different light.  After the temple we all went out to souplantation (Billy's fav) and later went to the Groom's BBQ dinner up at Gene and Michelle's!

I had to include this picture because look how BUFF Cody is!!!  How the heck did that happen??  Wasn't he just 5 years old like yesterday?  Now he's all grown up...sniff sniff.  And I guess this is why he gets all the ladies...

I love this picture of my mom and her Dad

Me and Bill talking to Uncle Mike.  I look like I'm sleeping but I still like this picture

I also love this picture of my mom and her sister aka my Aunt Susan.  Don't they look so much alike?

Then Wednesday was the big wedding day!  I woke up at 4:30 that morning (I think it was that morning) to go running with Uncle Kenny and everyone at 5!  We ran 8 miles!  Boo ya.

The wedding was awesome.  Travis and Cami are such cuties.

My classic picture with the sheep from the nativity.  3 years in a row getting a picture with him.  BFFs

Travis and Cami walking out of the temple


Cuties!

The reception was later that night up in Murietta.  It was really fun!

The cupcake display

The reception...so pretty!  Sorry I don't have more pictures.  This is the best I can do from what people gave me :)  I'm really bad at taking pictures of my own life.


And after the reception they left in a big Escalade limo complete with fish tanks inside!  Pretty awesome.  And that was the whole reunion!  Everyone left the next day for home.  We left the next day for Arizona!  Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures in our red shirts! The Barrow family rocks! I wish we could've hiked more at Torrey Pines. It was so beautiful! I have to show Cody that picture! Please come back home soon!

    ReplyDelete