Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snow & other updates

So a lot has been going on lately with starting a new semester and everything.  A few updates that probably should be mentioned:
- I know most of you know, but I quit Jamba Juice.  I got a job as a Biology 100 TA!  Woo!  It's fun.

-Billy has 2 capstone internships he is working on currently.  He is working on getting psychological tables organized and translated into Spanish for a professor (not really positive about the details of this one...he'd have to tell you) and he is about to start working at Slate Canyon which is a school for troubled boys (I think, I'm probably getting this info wrong.  I should probably just wait until he is home to do this but oh well).  Should be an interesting semester for Billy!  Some good stuff to put on grad school apps!

-My computer went crazy and we had to get a new hard drive for it.  So the only pictures currently on this computer are the ones I'm about to post :(  so sad, right?  Don't worry, we backed up all the other pictures on an external hard drive.  It's just sad they aren't on the computer anymore.  And the computer is like a brand new computer now which is kind of annoying because it doesn't know anything.

- It finally snowed!  A ton actually.  I can't decide if I'm happy about it or not yet.  I think I like it this year though for some reason.  Yikes.

-Billy is working 6:45 am- 11:45 am now!  Crazy early!  So he has to get up at 6 every morning.  It's sad not having him around in the morning but it's SO nice we get to have dinner at a normal time now!  Rather than 8:30.

-Billy is still a TA for Psych 101 and he enjoys that.  He's such a hard worker!  So many jobs!  Well, just 2.  But that is way more than one.

-We've almost been married for a year and a half!

-My birthday is 3 months from Sunday...so pretty soon.  Everyone better start preparing.  Haha jk I tell Billy pretty much everyday to start preparing for my birthday and it's pretty funny but I'm always kidding.  Or am I?

-I went rock climbing with my friend Adrianne the other day which was way fun and my arms are still sore.  It's fun having a girl friend I can have girl time with.

-Well, I think that's all the updates for now.  I could go into more detail on our school schedules if people want to know...and maybe I will later just for posterity's sake.  ANYWAYS, on Saturday me and Billy took advantage of the snow and did something we've been meaning to do for YEARS but haven't gotten around to doing...we built a snowman!  A few actually.

We started out by making some small ones on Bill's car.  Haha so funny and cute.  They were partying

Woo!

Then we made a REAL snowman in the grass in the front of our complex...the snow was perf for packing!  This was Bill's first time ever making a snowman.  Boo ya.

Using pine needles for hair

He looks like a homeless/monkey snowman...but we like him that way.  He's got his scruffy man beard and everything


That was way fun.  We have fun together.

P.s. notice my AWESOME snow boots.  They are great and I just discovered that I had them.  Also notice how wet Bill's shoes are :( poor guy!  Snow is cold.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun treat to find this blogpost today! You both are sure working hard this semester. I can't wait to hear about Bill's internships as they get going. Were you guys outside making that snowman at night? Brrrrr! It looks like you're having tons of fun! Hey, and, nice boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds busy and fun. Love the snowmen party. Man you guys are working hard, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and thanks for the reminder about our birthday, I almost forgot it's coming up so fast ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Billy has a serious hat! Where'd he get that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! I totally lover your beanie Caitlin! That's my Nokia one huh?
    But more than anything, your snowmen are AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete