Monday, January 2, 2012

Mom comes to visit!

Since Christmas and the reunion and everything was so busy and went so fast, I didn't really get very much quality time with my family and specifically my mom so my mom, being the wonderful, loving, caring mother that she is, flew up to Utah after all the festivities to spend some quality time with me!  We had lots of fun to do, so we were a little stressed at the beginning trying to fit everything into a 3 day schedule haha.

We picked her up late late on Wednesday night.  Thursday morning we went for a much longer than anticipated walk (probably like 5+ miles).  I was pretty sick and Mom was getting over a cold which is why we walked instead of ran just fyi haha.  Then we went to go get my haircut!!  Let me just tell you that I HATE haircuts (which is why my hair was so long).  They are scary and what if the person messes it up and what if its too short and you hate it etc etc.  But it had to be done my hair was almost to my waist!  So we went to this salon and the girl started by cutting 6 inches off.  But we both thought that wasn't enough so she cut another 2 off!  8 INCHES PEOPLE!  It was crazy and felt so good!  I'm sorry I don't have any pictures.  Well I do have this awkward one I took with my phone to send to Billy...

It's way shorter but still way long!  And I love it so much I'm not even sad at all!  And the girl had no one after me so she taught me how to curl it :) 

After the haircut me and my mom went shopping boo YA!  It was kind of a quick shopping trip because we had to get home so mom could teach me how to make dinner (haha) and then we could get to the Draper temple because my/our dear friend Abbie was taking out her endowments!  Lets just say dinner took longer than expected and we were very late to the temple...but made it just in the nick of time!  It was embarrassing because we had super front row seats.  But it was great being there.  We got to reconnect with old ward members and friends.  Yay Abbie!!

On Friday we went out to breakfast at Magleby's!  It was the most delicious breakfast ever.  I wish I could eat those pancakes every day of my life.  After that Billy had to go to work :( so me and my mom went shopping again!  We went to Banana Republic and bought me this jacket we saw the day before that was super on sale and such a good deal and that I'm so excited about.  It looks like this:
except navy blue.  I had to include a picture to break up all the words.

We also went to the make up place in Nordstrom and got my face color matched with the right make up for my face.  Yay!  Then we went home to cook a delish dinner of chicken taquitos with cilantro ranch dressing to bring to Billy during his break of his 11 hour shift!!  Poor guy.  He was working all day while we were playing.  Here's some pictures of the food.

Yummy!

Oh yeah and we made chocolate zucchini bread!  I look like a turtle in this picture...but with rosy cheeks this time.  I'm good at looking like a turtle in pictures.


Then me and my mom watched The Help.  It was really good yet sad yet happy and made me want to read the book still!

My mom cried.  I didn't.  I don't cry during movies.  Except during movies that have little boys named Jayson die from being hit by a car.  Then I cry like crazy. (The Hereafter.  I don't recommend it.)

Saturday morning we made a delicious breakfast of these apple cinnamon rolls, cider and smokies wrapped in bacon!!  YUM!  It was so good I could have died.  Not really.


They were so good I was way excited to have the leftovers yesterday for breakfast :)

Then we all decided to try and go up to Fashion place mall and go to H&M and Crate and Barrel.  BAD IDEA.  It was so so crowded I was going to scream!  H&M was crazy!  You would have thought it was black friday times 10!  Yikes.  Crate and Barrel was better.  We love that store.  It was just so crowded everywhere there that it wasn't very fun.  We went over to John and Barbara's later that night for dinner and for mom to meet Hayley's new bf Dan!  That was way fun.

New years eve wasn't very eventful.  We played a few games and when it turned to midnight we all said "woo hoo!" and then went to bed.  Pretty awesome.

We started out the new year great by driving my mom to the airport at 7:30 in the morning, and getting a speeding ticket on the way.  Cheers to the new year.

Sorry for all the words and lack of pictures.  I realize our blog is not the funnest to read, and my new years resolution is to change that.  I realize these posts are lacking in humor and abounding in words, so again I apologize.  I will be better.  Bye.

2 comments:

  1. How fun your mom got to come out to hang out with just you!!! Sounds like you got some good shopping and food in! Those apple cinnamon things look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh the haircut is beautiful. I'm excited to see you guys this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete