Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Billy's First Two Weeks

  So, I am interning in Senator Mike Lee's office this semester.  It's been pretty fun.  Here's a picture of the building that I work in -


  Here's the work of art inside the building.  I think it's called Mountain and Clouds.  Cait and I were pretty impressed with how neat this building is.


  My first day at work was filling out a bunch of paperwork and watching a video about ethics.  The next day, we learned about all the tasks we would be doing, like sorting mail, speaking with constituents on the phone, responding to emails, and taking people on tours of the Capitol.  I work with 8 other interns and they are all fun and good people and we got to go to the Capitol a lot.  Like a lot...  My legs were tired and sore from walking around the Capitol so much my first two weeks.  It's a pretty incredible building with the art and architecture and history it contains.  Here's a picture of one of my favorite parts of the Capitol -

The inside of the dome

  I really like my experience so far.  I'm learning so much about American history, government and keeping up very well with current events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment