Sunday, May 26, 2013

Summertime and the livin's easy

So we are now hanging out in Arizona at Billy's parent's house.  It's a pretty sweet life here.  I am just waiting for my job to start (If I didn't blog about it...I accepted the job out here at the charter school BASIS that my dear friend Caitlin Allsop set up my interview for.  I'm excited!) and Billy is just searching for a job...so we are kind of just hanging out right now.  We have started a pretty coolio routine.  We wake up when we want, then we do an insanity workout, then we make a smoothie, then we watch a show while eating it, then we go out and work in the backyard or go in the pool.  It's a pretty awesome routine.

Here are some pictures of things we've been doing:

Insanity (Bruce snapped this picture of us)...those workouts are way hard I promise.

We have seen 2 scorpions in the house so far!  Yikes!  There are lots of yucky insects in Arizona.

I told Bruce I needed to blog about what we have been doing and he said "I'm sure there will be lots of pictures of me"...and we had none.  So Billy took one.  Here ya go Bruce!  And next to your favorite thing...chocolate cake!

Billy's birthday was on Thursday and so we went out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings!  This is an extremely blurry picture but at least I documented the occasion.  I also got Billy a few presents that he opened that night before we had ice cream and played games with his parents :)  He's 27!  Can you believe it?  Yowza.

Oh and this is another picture of Bruce we took today...he always has his Ham radio with him, even when he's doing yard work (or taking a break from yard work in this picture).  He's been pushing me pretty hard to get my Ham radio license...I just don't know if I'm nerdy enough to get it :)

Other things we've been up to that I don't have pictures of:
-Watching lots of movies and shows
-Jon is in town this weekend for a wedding so yesterday we went to Cafe Rio for lunch (they have one here!!) and today we went to see the new Star Trek movie and then walked to go get dinner at Panda Express.
-I've been running a few times in the hot hot sun (it's so hot here!)
-Shopping with Karen and buying a new dress I don't need
-Playing "Nines" with Bruce and Karen
-Eating lots of Blue Bell cookies and cream ice cream
-Going to Barnes and Noble to buy myself an AP Biology study book so I can brush up on my Biology
-Driving out to Ahwatukee to get a feel for where the school is and to pick up a fingerprinting application (it's so expensive and this will be the 3rd time I have to be fingerprinted...ugh)
-Going to Bahama Bucks with Bruce (we were here for about a week with just Bruce while Karen was still in Dubai)
-Teaching Karen's sunbeam class for her last week and laughing at some pretty hilarious things the kids were saying.  For example, "We have zucchinis and they talk to me.  They don't talk to my Mom though, she can't hear them, only I can hear them."  Hahaha what?

And I think that's it.  It's been very relaxed here which is fun after our super busy semester in DC!  But it will be nice to have things to do once work starts...but I don't want it to start for a long long time because I am so nervous.  So I am just trying to soak up all the laziness and relaxation I can for now because I know it won't last :)

3 comments:

  1. You have Blue Bell Ice Cream there? That is the BEST ice cream in the world! Have you had the vanilla? It's my favorite! Simple but the best! All the other flavors are good, too!

    You're going to do great when you start work! Absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to check on that place you like to get French Toast, I just forgot the name. Kneaders! Don't forget to check and see where Kneaders is! Sounds like fun times out there, wish we could be there so you could add "babysitting for Jody and Dieter all the time" to your list :) So fun you guys get to hang out with the Nelsons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the documentation of life with Bruce ham radio and chocolate cake haha the best! You can add in babysitting my kids when I get there : )ha jk but for reals I'll pay you!

    ReplyDelete