Monday, May 20, 2019

Colby's First Birthday!

I decided to throw a big ol' party for Colby for her first birthday!  It was a ton of prep and pretty stressful but it turned out to be way fun!  We set up the backyard to be fun for kiddos and the inside was decked out in "Donut Grow Up" theme.  I'm really sad I don't have better pictures of the actual party or the décor.  I asked Bruce to take photos but he was exhausted from fasting all day and only got a couple, which I totally understand.  I should have been more proactive with my picture taking.  We did get a few though.

Ok these first pics are the day after her party, enjoying the spoils from her party :)



Party décor and prep!





Donut cupcakes!




It was a BBQ (Hotdogs, hamburgers, fruit, pasta salad, green salad, and TONS of DONUTS!)
 Super proud of this "1" I made :)  It took forever

 I seriously put a LOT of time and thought into this party!


The party was crazy but fun!  Jon came over with his 4 kids, my friend Alycia came with her husband and 2 kids, Ben came with their 2 kids, Caitlin and Clayton came with their 2 kids, Amy came with their son Zack, Danielle and Erik, Bruce and Karen, my parents and I think that's it.  That doesn't sound like that many people but all the kids added up haha!  We had squirt guns, a water table, a little bounce house, bubbles, a drawing/sticker table, a little tub of cars, and lots of food and treats.  The kids all seemed to have lots of fun.  After eating and playing we had Colby open gifts which was so fun!  We totally forgot to sing happy birthday and blow out the candle, I was really sad.  I'm hoping to get some photos from the actual party from Bruce, so I will put those in here once I get them.  It was so fun and we appreciate everyone who helped out in any way!  Happy Birthday Colbs!

Here's the pictures that Bruce took!











































Looove this one, such a sweet face
















 Sorry I didn't pare down the pics more, it's my party and I'll include every singe photo if I want to!  I want to fully remember the chaos :)  So fun!  But so much work!

No comments:

Post a Comment