Sunday, October 10, 2010

Angry Birds

We got a new game on my i-pod touch. It's called angry birds. This was a bad choice because Billy does nothing besides play it for hours.

and here is a picture of some real angry birds that came up on google images...


Also, we have had some exciting stuff happen lately! I didn't take very many pictures at all :( so this might have to be a mostly words post. I'm very sorry.

First, General Conference was awesome last weekend! We got to go out to dinner with Uncle Kenny and Aunt Diane and their whole family on Friday night because they were in town for conference. Here is what they look like since I didn't take a picture at dinner:

We love them!

On Sunday we went over to John and Barbara's for the afternoon session and for dinner with all the cousins. It was a great time, as usual. Here is a picture of Aunt Barbara pinning on Derek's boutonniere at the wedding...

Then on Sunday night we got a suprise call from an unknown number. It was DALLIN! He said he was in SLC that night and was going to head down to provo on Monday. It was kind of bad timing because me and Billy both had big tests, but it all ended up being fine. He hitchhiked down and we picked him up on Center Street on Monday night. When we picked him up he looked something like this:
Then we brought him back to our place but unfortunately couldn't offer him a shower due to the fact that our water was turned off because of the HUGE construction project going on in our backyard! They said the water would be off from 8 AM for 6 hours...but it didn't get turned back on until around 2 AM. It made for an interesting time brushing our teeth.

tractors right outside our window. Grr. As one guy said in his testimony today at church "God is really teaching us patience with this construction right behind us." So true!

but here is what Dallin kind of looked like after he showered and shaved his huge beard...such a good lookin brother!

Wednesday night all the Sutherland cousins went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory thanks to Greg and his gift card! It was so fun and we had a lot of really good laughs. After dinner, all the Barrow cousins came over to see Dallin before he left the next day. I love my cousins. It was a great day.

We had a really good time having Dallin stay with us, even though he is a bit smelly. It was fun to see the looks he was getting as he ran across campus in his homeless attire and boots to meet me one day :)
Anyways, I think that pretty much covers the big stuff thats been happening lately. Sorry I didn't take any real pictures of actual stuff (besides the tractor pictures...those are real), but hopefully these pictures gave you a good idea of what they looked like in real life :) I'm bad at taking pictures and also the battery is dead in my camera and I don't have any new batteries. I will do better in the future!

Well now it's back to the books for the rest of the day. I have my last mid-term tomorrow and Billy has his last on Tuesday. We are excited to be done with tests, at least for a week! :) Hope everyone is having a good Sunday! Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh. I read the part about the angry birds thing (he just got an iphone and hasn't put it down since he got it yesterday) and he looked on his phone and saw that he has it too. Guess I'm loosing a husband too :) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to comment on some of your pictures...first of all, I laughed out loud at that picture of angry birds from google. You're so funny :). And then that man with all the hair, yep, reminded me of Dallin. And the construction?? I didn't realize that huge equipment was RIGHT outside your window! Sheesh! It seems like you could even touch it! I can only imagine what it sounds like! And I'm so glad you got to get together with all the cousins with Dallin. You're lucky to live so close to everyone.

    I love your blog because it is just so...YOU, and I love YOU! Hope your midterms go well this week!

    :)Mom

    ReplyDelete