Thursday, January 26, 2017

Halloween 2016

Halloween this year was pretty fun!  I do miss teaching around Halloween time, the kids are all so excited and I actually loved seeing what they would come to school dressed up as.  I also liked dressing up, just to mix it up and have one day of the year be different.  So I missed that this year.

Earlier in October we had the Johnsons and Bests come down to have dinner at the Queen Creek food trucks and then come over to carve pumpkins.  Unfortunately Liz and Brock have a dang baby so they had to leave after dinner...jk I love Calvin.  But the Johnsons came over for some carving and it was super fun!


Final products!
The Johnsons were in charge of the ward Halloween party this year so they delegated the decorating to us!  It was pretty simple since there were a lot of decorations left over from previous years.  I had the young women help with decorating during mutual the Wednesday before and they were mostly helpful but a little bit of a disaster.  The young men were in there too for some reason causing a ruckus.  So it took longer than it should have probably.  The ward party turned out awesome though! Lots of chili and people!  There are always soooo many people that show up to ward parties in our ward...where do they all come from?  Who knows.  Billy and I dressed up as a lumberjack and a tree.  Pretty cute ;)



At work on Friday before Halloween I had to dress up as a minion to match my coworkers, even though I hate minions.  I found the perfect beanie at Walmart though which made it super easy.  Fun day at work!


With my work pals.  Hahaha I was dying laughing at Martha's ghetto minion costume (on the left).  I couldn't stop cracking up.  So funny.  My boss is in the background as Gru.  He's 6 foot 4 but bending over so it's been a pretty funny joke at work that I'm as tall as him.  I'm definitely the tallest girl that works there, even at just 5'6"!
Halloween night I'm pretty sure we just did nothing.  We went to Chipotle dressed up and got $3 meals.  I just wore my minion attire and Billy wore his lumberjack stuff.  I have this gem of a picture on my phone from that night so it must have been a pretty wild night after that...


Another Halloween in the books!  Can't wait to have kids to celebrate Halloween with!

No comments:

Post a Comment