Friday, October 3, 2014

Cody's Eagle Court of Honor

Another day at home was spent prepping for Cody's Eagle Court of Honor.  It's a bummer I didn't blog sooner because I can't remember anything that happened around these events anymore.  Oh well.  Oh!  I know my mom, her friend Jen and I ran a 9.5 mile run to the beach one day. We also went to one of Jayce's All-Star baseball games the morning of the Eagle Court of Honor.  It was fun to be there but a little bit of a bummer of a game because they lost.

Let's be real, it was mostly my Dad who earned Cody's Eagle, but I'm sure Cody did some stuff, so it was fun to celebrate him a little bit more.  It was fun to hear Cody speak in front of all of us.  He's such a good kid and it's so great he is an Eagle Scout!  Boo yah for his future wife!  She's stoked she scored herself a manly man who could protect her in case a fire ever needs to be built or a campsite needs to be made.

We brought donuts to the game.  Good ol PQ donuts.  I'm afraid BoSa donuts here may rival it though.


Jayce at bat

Jayce missed all his up to bats :(

Got a little bored at the game and started getting artsy fartsy








Exquisite picture, I know




At the court of honor, Jayce and his girlfriend Loraya (?) setting up the Skype for Cody and Keanan's leader who couldn't be there.

Cody's BFF Keanan got his Eagle at the same time!


Figuring out the technical difficulties

I'm an awesome photographer

Grandpa gave an excellent talk about the scouting program.  Love him!

So did my mom.  She's awesome!

Parents with their two Eagle sons.  Is it a requirement to hold your hands like that?  I guess so for my family.

Super cute!

Getting bandana'd



Getting his Dad pin...and classic Cody face

Dropped it...I know you all love the details of my photographing



Giving his riveting speech

EAGLES COMING IN FOR LANDING IN THE EAGLES NEST!



And Bishop giving the closing remarks.

Ngrats on your Eagle Keanan and Cody!!  We just couldn't wait to eat the cake...

It was a great event!  Good job to all parents who put in all the time and effort with the Eagle and with the event!  Woopdie woop!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you blogged about this! It brought back great memories. Cody is so funny! I'm glad he got this accomplishment, thanks to Dad :) and a lot of other people. And your photography is stunning!

    ReplyDelete