Sunday, October 5, 2014

The big move and time with Cait's fam!

My family came to town on June 28-ish to hang out with us and help us move into our new apartment!  They got in way late Saturday night so we met up with them on Sunday for dinner at one of their old ward member's houses.  They had just recently moved to Gilbert from San Diego.

Cody fell asleep on their couch.  How rude.
 Monday was a fun day that we spent at the Main Event in Tempe bowling and laser tagging and arcade gaming and ropes coursing.  It was a good time.  We left a little early to go eat at Gecko Grill with Billy's parents, Jenny, and Jody.  All the adult siblings (except Jon) without kids for the evening.  It was so fun!



Tuesday was the big day!  My family came over to Bruce and Karen's to help us load everything into a U-Haul attached to the Suburban, our small Toyota, and my parent's van.  We managed to fit everything so we only had to make 1 trip!  Craziness!  My dad is an amazing packer!  It was the hottest day of the summer so far on the day we chose to move.  112 degrees!  Needless to say, we were all pretty sweaty that day.  I was so glad we had my Dad and brothers there to help with all the heavy lifting.  We couldn't have done it without them!




Trying to fit our entertainment center.  Our couch fits in that van!  Impressive!
Walking in for the first time...

Kitchen


Moving is such a mess




Me and my mom spent a TON of time that week looking for stuff to go into the apartment.  We definitely found a few gems.  We got some awesome lamps and rugs and other miscellaneous items.


Looking at art with Mom

Karen bought us this super cute bookshelf that is now in our family room area

Here's what it looked like the first few days after moving in.  We had already put mostly everything away.

Oh and this is our apartment gym in case you wanted to see.  Pretty impressive for an apartment complex!  It was the biggest one we had seen.
Another day that week my parents took us all go-kart racing!  Say what?!  It was a blast.  Derek turned out to be a champ go-karter and was kicking all of our trashes.  I sucked really bad, people kept having to go around me.  It's all good, can't be a pro at everything.



Awesome head covers they make you wear under the helmet

Jayce...

Ready to go

Boo ya don't mess with these guys


Billy throwing up gang signs and Derek looking scary

They were discussing how to escape a zombie attack while cooling off under the misters

This is later that night, not a very flattering picture of me but I was laughing so hard I was crying.  That's what happens when I am around my brothers!  This is in the hotel room.  We stayed with them a couple nights because they had a bed for us and it was a way nice hotel.
 Breakfast all together as a fam one morning:

There was also one day that week that we went to the Gilbert temple with my parents and Derek.  Then we went to Cafe Rio for food after.  It was super fun!  



Friday that week was the fourth of July!  So we decided to have J-dawgs for dinner, go for a swim, and light off fireworks.  I think my mom and I went somewhere that day while the boys got the fireworks, but I can't remember the details anymore!  Anyways, here's some pictures.



Sparkler time!



Lighting a firework

Illegally lighting fireworks in a big open field of dirt



It was a super fun fourth!  It was a great week with my family and I was pretty depressed when they left.  I wish we lived closer to them, but I guess that makes the time we get to spend together that much sweeter!   

1 comment:

  1. OK. So I totally cracked up at a lot of these pictures. Pennie's nose looks huge like a camel or something. Daschunds are ugly anyway - and you had to accent her least favorable feature.
    Then you are wearing that head thingy. It makes you look like a knight or court jester or something. But then in the picture where Jayce has his face covered, that's not even the funny part. I was just cracking up at you because it looks like you're saying, "What the heck do I do with this piece of hair. Arrgghhh!" Then I was cracking up at mom's face looking at the art. She's not even looking at the camera. Is she looking at the price or something? Good blog Cait!

    ReplyDelete