Sunday, October 5, 2014

End of summer trip to SD

After my family left, Billy and I spent the next couple of weeks getting organized, hanging out with Jody and kids, and mentally preparing for the start of school for both of us.  We got really busy shopping for things for the apartment, and getting it as organized as we could.  I decided to head down to San Diego for one last hoorah before the school year begun.  Here are some pics!

Some of my awesome finds for the apartment

Work in progress.  We didn't keep all those pillows on the couch don't worry.

Karen was SO KIND and gave us her amazing green Pottery Barn dresser!  Heck ya!  We love it, it's awesome!

We found this coffee table at GoodWill for 15 BUCKS!!  Can you believe it??  We decided to buy it and then re-do it, little did we know how much work and money that would be!  It deserves its own post.
My trip to San Diego was short and sweet.  My mom's birthday was on Sunday, so it was perfect timing!  My Dad also lost his job the day I was heading out there so that wasn't perfect timing...but it was good to be there to support my family.  It was a stressful weekend but we tried to have some fun amongst the stress.  Here's some pics--

Goofy brothers

After our 9.5 mile run to the beach on Saturday!


Padres game!!

Hilarious pic of these two

Hilarious "water" guy.  He looked like the Lorax.


Creepin on my mom cutting veggies

Me and Pennie with similar facial expressions

Salmon dinner for my Mom's birthday!

We went to the beach one day and it was super crowded!

Got a pedicure one day with my mom.  I still have this polish on my nails...yikes
It was a fun, short trip!  I'm actually heading to San Diego again tomorrow (Oct 6th) to pick up a new car we just bought!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you came for my birthday! This post makes me miss all of you SO much! Please come back soon! P.S. Your apartment is amazing!

    ReplyDelete