Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Korean War memorial

Another day after Billy's work I met up with him and we saw the Korean War memorial.  There were like millions of children there on school trips or something...not sure why there were there at like 8 at night.  But it was so crowded and it was dark so it was really hard to take good pictures.  I didn't know anything about the Korean War really...but good thing Billy educated me and I just have to say that I love America!!!!!  We are awesome to help Korea out.

On our walk over there we saw a fox!!  I ripped out the camera and tried to take some quick pics but they turned out blurry because the camera was on a weird setting and I suck at using our fancy camera!



 This memorial was SO COOL!  I wish our pictures showed how cool it really was.



Notice now me and Jody are shirt twins.  I copied her and bought the same one!


 "Our nation honors her sons and daughters who answered the call to defend a country they never knew and a people they never met".  Love that quote.

There was a big wall will all these faces of soldiers...it was way cool
 

I finally let him do a peace sign in a picture...


After the Korean War memorial we headed over to the MLK memorial.  It was kind of a weird idea for a memorial...but still cool.  There was like this huge mountain out of rock and then a huge MLK carved into another huge rock.  It was cool.

The big mountain


We couldn't even get our picture next to it because there were so many children.  It was awesome though.  This country is amazing!!!  So many amazing leaders and people willing to leave their families to go to war to protect our freedom.  I love it!!!  GO USA!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Cody and I walked right by the Korean War memorial and didn't even know that's what it was. Way cool! Where is the Vietnam one? We didn't see that one. And a fox in the middle of the city? Weird!

    ReplyDelete