Sunday, April 14, 2013

My family comes to DC!

A few weeks ago, March 23rd, my family came into town!  I was so excited!  I had been looking forward to it forever.  Too bad they came during the week BEFORE my spring break.  Bummer.

They flew in late Friday night and we met them at their hotel in Downtown DC.  They ended up getting there way late (like 1 AM) and we stayed up waiting for them.  Then we spent the night there with them.

Saturday we first headed over to the Eastern Market for some "blue buck" pancakes at Market Lunch!  I had heard a lot about these pancakes and their breakfast in general...and it did not disappoint! 

Cute houses around the market area

Beautiful flowers at the market

Fish at the market


Blueberry buckwheat pancakes!  YUMM

Billy and Dad enjoying some pancakes

 After the market we headed to Arlington National Cemetery.  It was awesome.

Graves...

We took a bus tour to get around...we had some pretty good laughs on the bus. 


President Kennedy's grave

Cool view of downtown

We got to see the tomb of the unknown soldier which was way cool

The guard

The inspector
  

It was a pretty cool process...just took like 30 minutes.  I don't know how they change every hour!

This is up on a hill overlooking a cool view...

 Dad with an airplane (can you see it?)

 Parents

Cute parents holding hands

It was way fun.

Then we headed to Costco!  YAY we love Costco!  Here are some pics we took in the car on the way over...we are pretty hilarious



My eyelashes look goood am I right?


Jayce thought this was so funny...taking a picture of taking a picture

Anyways after Costco we had to go back to the hotel because Jayce was kind of throwing a fit because he wanted to swim.  So we just hung out and watched a movie/ate pizza and treats.  That is what a lot of the week looked like actually...hanging at the hotel eating and watching TV.  It was awesome.

I still had to work that week so I didn't get to hang out with my fam as much as I would have liked.  We stayed at their hotel with them so we went there every night but I basically looked like this all the time:


Preparing lesson plans, applying for jobs, working on my teacher work sample, etc.  It was a busy week for me.

My fam got to do some pretty fun stuff though.  They had a rental car until Wednesday that week so they got to go to Gettysburg and Mt. Vernon.  Also my dad drove me to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday which was very fun.  We got to drive by the White House every day!  Who else gets to say they drive by the White House on their way to work?  Well, probably a lot of people.  It was always very trafficy.  But I thought it was cool!

Here it is one morning as we were driving by...

On Wednesday morning Dad drove me a different way, down embassy row and past the National Cathedral.  Very cool.

Oh also on Tuesday night we got to go to the DC temple with my parents!  It was great!  Billy and I were the witness couple which was kind of a bummer because I was super tired so I felt bad.  Oh well.


On Friday I had a half day at school!  So I met up with my family and we went to eat some pizza.  Then we went to the Library of Congress which was awesome.


Then we went and saw an IMAX movie at the Air and Space museum about the Hubble telescope.  Then we just hung out for our last night together!  Sad. It was such a fun week!  I was so glad my family was able to come out here!  Here is one more crazy picture hahah:

1 comment:

  1. It was fun seeing stuff. But not so fun that you were super stressed. Glad that's over for you.

    ReplyDelete