Monday, February 8, 2016

Christmas 2015-- San Diego

We drove down Saturday the 19th to San Diego for Christmas!  We had left pretty late in the day so we got in during the evening.  Good thing Billy took notes on what we did each day so we wouldn't forget!

Sunday we got to hear my home ward's Christmas program which my Dad was a part of.  It was awesome!  After church we went to the temple to see the lights and walk around.

 


Me & my momma

Cute parents!



We are awesome
This picture cracks me up...look at my eyes!!

Proof that Derek was on his phone the. entire. trip!!  I was SO annoyed.  Turns out he was texting the girl he was about to get engaged to!

Blue lights

BROTHERS STACKED
Peek a boo!

Monday we went to see Star Wars!  The theater was super crowded for the 1:50 showing!  Crazy.  But we still got good enough seats all together.  Then later at night we watched Elf.  Christmas traditions!

"Here's some money.  Go see a Star War"
Tuesday my mom had to go run some errands like go to the doctor or dentist or something so I had to be the fun organizer and let me tell you it is intense with lazy brothers!  Cody was difficult to get out the door and Derek was difficult to convince that it would be fun but eventually we all got out the door to go ice skating!  Yay!  It ended up being super fun.  Jayce fell and got hurt and wanted to stop skating but all of us big adults wanted to keep skating haha it was pretty funny.  Derek was on his phone again...I about lost it but now all is forgiven now that he is engaged ;)





Amazing photog skills






Jayce being pouty and hurt

Later that evening we drove through Christmas Card Lane as a fam!  It was rainy which meant some houses lights weren't turned on?  But it was still awesome. 

Reading HP5 before CC lane!

 





Wednesday was a big day for me!  I got my iPhone 6S!  HOLLA!  I was super stoked.  Billy was a good sport and stayed home and graded for me/worked on the puzzle/taught Jayce how to make scrambled eggs for himself so he can be more self sufficient haha.  Later me and Billy went and got some Christmas shopping done.




Thursday was Christmas Eve!  We had a delicious big breakfast, then Billy and I went to get a cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory which was a nightmare at the mall!  Then we were prepping food and Grandma and Grandpa came over.  We chatted with them and in the evening had a program where we read the Christmas story in the scriptures, etc.  We even had a white elephant gift exchange!  It was way fun.


Christmas Eve dinner set up!

Christmas Eve ham...and Penny anxiously hoping for dropped crumbs
So excited for her present
We let her open it and it tired her out
Addressing Christmas Cards sometime...
Christmas morning was super fun as usual!  We all met on Mom and Dad's bed and then went down together.  We are all super spoiled!  It was fun opening gifts, eating, etc.  We had our traditional homemade cinnamon roll breakfast with hot chocolate and wassail.  Delish.  The rest of the day after all the gifts were open was just reading, hanging out, watching movies, shooting BB guns and hitting ourselves in the face, etc.

Billy's new zombie BB gun from Jayce

Intense recoil on Jayce's BB gun, left a scar on Billy's face!

Icing the injury
Mom enjoying her cookbook and the laziness of Christmas

Reading Gran'pa Barrow's autobiography we got for Christmas
Saturday we went up to Grandma and Grandpa Sutherland's for the annual Sutherland Christmas gathering.  I don't have any pictures of that but it was awesome!  We watched the Martian once we got home.

Sunday was church, Billy went with Jayce up in the canyon and shot paintballs with their slingshots, we played pounce together and watched Horton Hears a Who.  Monday Billy, my Dad and brothers all worked on digging a giant trench out in the backyard behind the wall.  While they worked my Mom and I did our shopping day :)  It was super fun and very successful for us!  Later that evening we did an escape room all together which was so fun!  I thought I had a picture of that but I have to find it.  We went to in-n-out after and then watched Scorch Trials at home.

Tuesday my Dad had the boys do more digging while me and my Mom went to get pedicures.  Once we got back Billy and I headed over to the Hall's for Jen's husband and wife baby shower.  It was a fun night!  We played games, ate delicious BBQ, played with all the Hall siblings kids, etc.  I love having a lasting friendship with Jen, it's so fun!  I love her family too and it was fun for Billy to get to know all of them.  No pictures of the baby shower :( but yes pictures of the trench...hooray.



Wednesday I went for a long run in the morning as my last run in SD.  I did the 6 mile loop, it was intense!  Billy and Cody went to see the new Hunger Games movie together...good times!  Afterwards we gathered up the whole family and all went to eat at Las Olas mexican food on the beach in Solana Beach.  It was fun and delicious.  After that Billy and I headed up to Brea and my family headed back home :(



I thought this was going to be my last time seeing Penny so I took a bunch of pictures of her...but she is still kickin!  16 years young!





Next post...Brea for New Years!

1 comment:

  1. This post is SO fun! What a great Christmas! And I just re-lived it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete