Thursday, February 18, 2016

Valentine's Weekend

Valentine's Day this year was even more chill than last year...I'm beginning to see a trend haha.  We decided no gifts this year since we are poor and have no time to shop anyways.  Billy did get me my favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream though...yummm yum that's all I needed!

We had a good weekend, and kind of just counted it all as our Valentines celebrations.  Friday night we went to go see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  Yes, we actually paid money to see this movie.  No, I was NOT happy about it.  But we went with some friends and it ended up being much more entertaining than I thought.  It was fun that it was the Pride and Prejudice story...I really liked watching it with different actors/actresses playing the same characters.

Saturday we headed up to Peoria in the morning for Caitlin and Clayton's baby Jane's birthday party!  I can't believe she is one!!  It was super fun being there, seeing their cute house for the first time, and rekindling our friendship.
Quick photo of the happy little fam
Afterwards we did our normal grocery shopping and worked on school/lesson plans/grading forever.  We went on our Valentine's dinner date to Cheesecake Factory, the ultimate cliche!  I didn't even take a picture.  Wow.

Sunday was actual Valentine's day.  We decided to grill up some salmon for a little fancier of a dinner so we headed over to our friend's apartment complex to use their gas grill.  It was deeelish!  Afterwards we went over to the Johnson's so me and Danielle could finish our paintings and the boys watched a movie.


The amazing sky on Valentine's Day!  SO pretty!

Tried to get a picture with it...


Oh I forgot!  Kara sent us an amazing Valentine from Scarlett, Grayson and Piper that we LOVE.  My mom also sent us an amazing Valentine's package!!  There was a custom See's candy box in the package of ALL caramels!  Dream come true!


Thanks Scarlett for the amazing artwork!
I had Monday off of school the next day and spent the whole day grading!  YIPPEE!!  Thanks to all who made our weekend totally fun!


Also-- here's a little bonus.  I just thought I'd look for fun for some pictures from our first Valentine's Day together, February 2009.  I looked at Billy's old blog and here is what I found!


"Valentine's Day - I had a pretty fun Valentine's Day. everyone was giving away candy which is always awesome! I made an awesome pop-up card for caitlin and hid it in my house with little tweety bird elementary school kid valentine's day cards hidden all around my house with clues to where the pop-up card was hidden. caitlin loved that, and she totally liked the card. She likes giraffes a lot for some reason, so i drew on one there and also used a picture of her hugging some other girl, but i cut out that girl and put my picture from halloween of 2004 in there. it's way funny. We also had a great dinner at my apartment, lasagna with salad and garlic bread. Then we watched Eagle Eye. That movie was way intense! i don't want to watch it again ever probably, but it was a good movie."

Good times!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a couple who's been married for more than a couple years right there! Yes! Oh wait we've always been like that. haha Now just add in a few kids and you hope to get to sleep through the night. haha Joking but it still sounds like a fun weekend minus all the grading and studying! Mmm See's chocolate. My mom usually sends some too and she just sent the kids stuff this year. Jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a chocolate caramel from See's. Right now! I love your post! Very fun and chill Valentine's! p.s. this is mom, not dad....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You busy kids! But cute valentine's packages and yummy food!

    ReplyDelete