Sunday, February 7, 2016

Early Christmas with Bruce and Karen!

Before Billy and I left for San Diego, we had a mini Christmas celebration with Billy's parents!  We felt bad leaving them all alone for Christmas, but they definitely had lots going on!  They are quite popular.  So we didn't feel too bad ;)  Karen planned a super fun night for us one night!  We are so spoiled!

We had dinner then exchanged gifts, then decorated gingerbread houses!!  How fun is that?  Then we watched a Christmas movie together!  We were saying how we wished so bad that we still lived there, then we could have just gone to bed rather than driving all the way back home.  Sometimes it's tough having lived there before and remembering how awesome it was!

Christmas 2015!!
Slippers-- thanks Karen!!
Bruce liked his motorized grill brush!  Boo ya!
And we got Karen the most random thing...a fake butterfly that flies around a jar!


Bruce discovered this awesome feature on his phone!  Hahahaha we were all laughing pretty hard about his floating face

Getting creative...


 Finished products!  Mine and Billy's on the left, Bruce and Karen's on the right.



Ok story time.  This was the funniest thing that has ever happened.  This was one of our gingerbread men.  I wanted to try the frosting, cookie, and candy so I decorated him with a face and gumdrop buttons.  I took a bite of his head and realized it wasn't very good so then I just started eating the candy off him.  Subconsciously I didn't want to eat the yellow one so I just left it there.  I walked away and sat on the couch to watch the movie.  After the movie Karen was like "What...is...that?!" pointing at my gingerbread man.  We all ran over and realized how horribly funny/inappropriate it was!!  I have never seen Karen laugh so hard!  She was on the floor!!  It was hilarious.


It is so fun having in-laws that I love so much!  Billy and I often talk about how we just like hanging out with his parents, like they are some of our young couple friends.  Thanks Bruce and Karen for the super fun night!  We love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I laughed so hard at that gingerbread man hahahaha

    ReplyDelete